What is the full form of DTP
(i) DTP: Desk-Top Publishing
DTP stands for Desktop Publishing. It is a publishing software used to create high quality printed material for individuals, businesses and organizations. The DTP software provides a good control over design and layout of a page as compared to the word processor.
DTP can be two types:
- Creates electronic pages
- Creates virtual pages
The virtual pages are printed on physical papers such as magazines, books, news paper etc.
Desktop publishing (DTP) is used to publish magazines, books, newspapers, comics etc.
- You can enhance the appearance of page layouts by balancing the contrast, color and space.
- You customize your document according to your business and target audience.
- You can outsource DTP services if you don?t want to buy DTP equipment.
Popular desktop publishing softwares
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe PageMaker
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Office Publisher
- Corel Ventura
- Express Publisher
- Ventura Publisher
- Scribus etc.
(ii) DTP: Distributed Transaction Processing
Distributed Transaction Processing is a technique used to distribute the functions of a transaction over several transaction programs within a network. In this database transaction protocol, two or more network hosts are involved.
- Two transactions can exclusively control a session and converse with each other.
- You can remotely process remote resources and transfer data between systems.
- You can design efficient and flexible application by using DTP.
- It can be used with EXEC CICS or CPI Communications.
- It can be used with various partners including CICS and non-CICS platforms, if they support APPC.
Distributed Transaction must have all four ACID properties. These properties are: