How to share location on WhatsApp ?
Do you want to send your location to a friend on WhatsApp using your mobile device? You’ll be able to send a one-time pin of your current location, or you can share your live location for up to eight hours at a time. You can stop sharing your location at any time. This will show you how to send a map with a pin of your current location to a contact in WhatsApp using your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
Things You Should Know
- Select “Send Your Current Location” to share a one-time pin or “Share Live Location” to update your location as you move.
- On iPhone, tap the + in a conversation, choose “Location,” and then tap “Send Your Current Location.”
- On Android, tap the paperclip icon in a conversation, tap “Location,” and then choose “Send your current location.”
Open the WhatsApp app. It’s a green app with a white phone icon on it.
- WhatsApp is available for iOS in the App Store. Set up WhatsApp if you haven’t done so already.
- Tap the Chats tab. This option is at the bottom of the screen, between Camera and Settings. You can select a conversation from here.
- If WhatsApp opens to a conversation, first tap the “Back” button in the top-left corner of the screen.
Tap a conversation. Doing so will open the conversation with the corresponding contact.
Tap +. It’s in the bottom-left corner of the screen. This will open a pop-up menu.
- You can also tap the “New Message” icon in the top-right corner of the Chats page to create a new message, or you can search for messages. How to share location on WhatsApp
- Tap Send Your Current Location. It’s below the map at the top of the screen. You’ll also see a list of nearby establishments such as parks, schools, and stores that you can send instead.
- WhatsApp will send a map with a red pin indicating your location.
- Your recipient may tap the “Share” arrow in the bottom-left corner of the screen and then tap Open in Maps to receive directions. How to share location on WhatsApp
- If you want to share your location for a period of time, tap Share Live Location located at the top of the listing. Select 15 Minutes, 1 Hour, or 8 Hours, then tap the blue arrow.
- If you want to stop sharing, return to the chat log and tap Stop Sharing on the map.
1 thought on “How to share location on WhatsApp”
Pingback: Networking Hardware - itech